Guest Contributor: Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, NorthPark Center Fashion and Lifestyle Ambassador
It's that time of year again! Time to start making some calls and inviting friends and family over for backyard fun. But before you make the calls, head on over to NorthPark Center to find all of your entertaining essentials.
This dining set from Arhaus Furniture is the perfect way to turn any patio into a wonderful outdoor dining room. Think of it as an extension of your home and make the most of your outdoor spaces. I like to keep a basket of sunscreen and mosquito spray nearby so that it always at hand. (Price upon request)
1. Have you tried cooking with a Himalayan salt block yet? It is great! Grab this Salt Block Cookbook and salt block from PIRCH ($35) and you can create your own new signature summer dish.
2. My favorite way to serve dessert in the summer is to set out big galvanized metal buckets filled with ice, a couple of cute ice cream scoops and several flavors of BlueBell ice cream. Place these kate spade new york ice cream bowls ($40) from Nordstrom and a tray of garnishes near by and let your guests serve themselves!
3. Is your summer playlist done yet? My husband loves to make them every year and then take his Bluetooth speaker from Apple outside. I love that this UE Megaboom Wireless Speaker ($299.95) is waterproof.
4. Create some vintage summer fun for kids of all ages with these Papyrus Cocktail Party Pinwheels ($15.95).
5. Any refreshing drink will feel more festive in these Fish Tumblers ($14 each) from Anthropologie.
6. Keep the festivities going after the sun goes down with the dramatic Lenore Lanterns ($89 - 129) from the Southern Living Collection for Dillard's. Use them on a table to set a mood or along a path to light the way.
Finally, I love citrus in the summer and this fantastic Open Kitchen Citrus Set ($35) from Williams-Sonoma would be a great addition to your bar tools. They would make a great hostess gift too!