We all know Santa has a sweet tooth – especially during the most wonderful time of the year! So what are some of the holiday treats Santa looks forward to during his visit to NorthPark Center each year? We asked him to let us in on his favorites, and here’s what he had to say. (And for those of you naughty kids looking to get back on Santa’s good side — and your mom’s good side — this might be your chance. Pay attention!)
One of the tastiest parts of my annual visit to NorthPark Center is filling up on the many goodies that can be found throughout shopping center. If you’re looking for savory sweets and refreshing drinks, make sure to stop by and see my friends at some of these delightful shops:
- Mrs. Fields: While Mrs. Claus is by far the best baker I know, Mrs. Fields comes in a close second. Whatever your favorite flavors may be, the fresh-baked goods here will not disappoint. I personally have trouble choosing between all of the different cookies and brownies and specialty items like the cookie cups, but usually I go with the white chunk macadamia cookie or peanut butter dream bar. Then to top it off, I’ll wash it down with a mocha breezer smoothie. Just talking about this now makes me want to swing by for a quick visit.
- Fuzziwig’s Candy Factory: This place reminds me of the candy department at my workshop back at the North Pole! I like to pick up some on-the-go sweets and stock up on candy to take back to the elves. Kids young and old love this place, and walking through the store brings back memories of time spent in the local candy store back home as a child. In addition to all of the candy bars, hard candies and toys, it’s hard to resist the freshly made fudge and caramel apples, which I like to snack on between storytime and picture taking with all of my friends in North Texas.
- Nespresso: Early mornings and late nights are made easier when I fuel up with a cup of espresso from this unique shop, the only Nespresso store in Texas. I can’t leave without grabbing one of their mouthwatering macarons. Does anyone know whom Santa gives his Christmas list to? Because one of the deluxe Nespresso coffee machines is on the top of my list this year. I’m just imagining getting one of these machines up to the North Pole, brewing up a hot cup of java for me and the Mrs., and cuddling up by the fire after Christmas is over.
- Godiva Chocolatier: Warning: Tempting treats found here. Look through their array of customized gifts as well as special servings of smooth soft serve and seasonally inspired truffles. I can’t leave the store without picking up a few of my favorite truffles with flavors including dark vanilla mousse, chocolate lava cake and butterscotch walnut, just to name a few.
- Uptown Popcorn: Want to impress your coworkers — or that special someone? Bring some of this to the next office holiday party or grab a bag to enjoy during a cozy evening at home. Indulge in a bag of the red hot cinnamon flavor, which conjures up memories of eating hot cinnamon candy as a child. If you’re struggling, as I do, with which flavor to choose, the confetti popcorn blend features a mix of delicious flavors. What more could you ask for?
Some of my other favorite spots at the center include the Nordstrom eBar, See’s Candies, Starbucks, Teavana, Williams-Sonoma and Yumilicious Frozen Yogurt. If I’m not careful, Rudolph and the other reindeer are going to have to pull some extra weight on Christmas Eve! Ho Ho Ho!
Visit NorthPark Santa now through Christmas Eve and follow him on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on all the holiday happenings at NorthPark.